Refer to player eligibilty requirements here.
Spring Season Program Offerings
Youth | Grades K - 8 | Registration Opens in November with Early Bird Discounts until December 31
K to 2nd Grade Our K/2 program consists of Sunday practices run in a clinic style to introduce young players to lacrosse and to develop basic stick and ball skills in a fun and safe environment. The K/2 program is overseen by an experienced, adult lacrosse coach and implemented by experienced high school players. The program will begin in late March/early April and run through May.
3rd & 4th Grade Our 3/4 program is developmental with a focus on fundamental skills and the introduction of team offense and team defense. Players are evenly divided on teams based on skill as determined by player evaluation during the initial practices. Teams practice twice a week starting in mid-February with games on Saturdays starting in March. Games are played through Greater Eastside Lacrosse League.
5th & 6th Grade Our 5/6 program is developmental and focus remains on fundamentals and the development of multiple team concepts. Players will be divided evenly between teams based skills evaluation during the initial practices. Teams practice twice per week starting in February with games on Saturdays starting in March. Games are played through Greater Eastside Lacrosse League.
7th & 8th Grade Our 7/8 program becomes more competitive and fields A and B skill level teams. Players can participate in tryouts at the start of spring season for the A1 level team known as the 7/8 BLUE team. This team requires a higher level of commitment and has an additional financial commitment for local tournaments and travel/tournament back east that is not included in the registration fee. Depending on the number of 7/8 registrations and the skill level of the players, there may be a level A2 team. Otherwise, players who do not tryout or who do not make the 7/8 Blue team will be evenly divided between B level teams based on skill evaluation during tryouts and initial practices. 7/8 teams practice 3 times per week starting in February and play games on Saturdays starting in March. Games are played through the Greater Eastside Lacrosse League.
Post-Season Tournaments Tryouts for 3/4 and 5/6 post-season tournament teams will be held in May. Our program typically enters teams in 2-4 local (WA & OR) tournaments in May and June. The spring 7/8 Blue team will enter local tournaments and play in a tournament in Philadelphia in July. If there is a 7/8 A2 and/or 7/8 B team then they may also enter local (WA & OR) tournaments. All tournaments and travel are not included in the spring season registration fee. Additional fees will be charged based on tournament and travel expenses.
Calendar Outline (Please view our online calendar for exact dates during the season)
- Late January | Youth Kick-off Meeting (for grades K-8). Come meet your coaches and learn about the club and season ahead! We will have an equipment exchange, Bellevue Lacrosse swag, lax themed door prizes, volunteer information, and more.
- End of January | 7/8 Blue Tryouts
- Early February | Practices Start for 5th-8th Grades
- Late February | Practices Start for 3rd-4th Grades
- Late February | Picture Day
- Early March | Games Start for 5th-8th Grades
- Mid March | Games Start for 3rd-4th Grades
- Late March | 1/2 Program Begins
- April or May | Youth Night at Varsity/JV Game
- Late April/Early May | Tryouts for Youth Wolverine Tournament Teams
- Late May | End of Regular Season
- June/July | Post-season Tournaments (tournaments vary for different grade levels, additional fees required)
Players are not allowed to “play up” (i.e., a 6th grader playing in 7/8 division) without BBLC Board approval. Any requests to play up should be made prior to January 15th by emailing
. Conversely, no one may “play down” in a division for which they are not eligible without the approval of the BBLC Board and the Greater Eastside Lacrosse League.
High School | Grades 9 - 12 | Registration Opens in November with Early Bird Discounts until December 31
Our high school program includes three teams:
- Junior Varsity II
- Junior Varsity
All high school players must attend tryouts the first week in March. Varsity and a few select others will be invited to participate in an off-site lacrosse weekend at Camp Casey the first weekend following tryouts.
In order to tryout players must:
- Register and pay at www.bellevuelacrosse.com.
- Players must also complete the online Bellevue High School Spring Sports Registration Packet here.
- Players must have an up-to-date Medical History and Physical Examination Form on file at Bellevue High School. Forms are good for 2 years.
- Players must complete ImPACT Testing. ImPACT Tests are valid for 24 months. Dates will be scheduled for lacrosse players in February.
High school players practice M-F evenings at Bellevue High School starting the first week in March. Games are played through the end of May. Varsity travel is not included in the spring registration fee.
Bellevue High School plays games through the Washington High School Boys Lacrosse Association.
Calendar Outline (Subject to Change)
- January/February | Pre-Season Conditioning Mon, Wed, Fri
- Late February/Early March | High School Tryouts
- Early March | Camp Casey - Invitation Only
- March | Picture Day
- Spring Break | Varsity Trip (trip/location varies by year, additional fees required)
- Late May | State Championship Game Day
- Late June/Early July | Possible Varsity (non-graduating) and Rising Varsity Trip (trip/location varies by year, additional fees required)
2017 Spring Season Fees
Registration for Spring Season open in November. Early bird discounts apply until December 31st.
- 1/2 $135 Early Bird Discount = $15
- 3/4 $245 Early Bird Discount = $25
- 5/6 $395 Early Bird Discount = $50
- 7/8 $545 Early Bird Discount = $75
- HS $795 Early Bird Discount = $100
Off-Season Program Offerings
Fall Ball - Registration opens in August. Bellevue Boys Lacrosse Club offers an off-season Fall Ball program for grades K-8 with alternating practices and games on Sundays starting in September and ending mid-November. The Fall Ball program for high school varies between practices, mini-lax and games. Separate fees apply.
Tournament Teams BBLC will invite players to participate in local events from play days to multi-day tournaments during the fall. Post-season tournament teams are typically formed via tryouts and the teams, known as our Wolverine Tournament teams, play in local and regional tournaments in May, June and July. Separate fees apply.
Summer Camps - Registration opens in March - Four one-week sessions are offered, usually in late-June and July. All sessions are open to incoming 1st-8th grade students from any area/school district. The camps are specifically geared toward fundamental individual skills and the introduction to team concepts. Our outstanding staff will focus on teaching the skills and concepts that have made the Bellevue program successful at all levels. Whether learning the game for the first time or looking to take it to the next level, our methods have proven results in a short amount of time. Separate fees apply.
Captains Practices These are informal practices for high school players and are run by varsity captains. All high school players are encouraged to participate. Captains practices take place at the BHS stadium twice a week Sept - Nov and then once per week in January. No fee.
Pre-Season Conditioning - Registration opens in December. Runs MWF for 6 weeks starting early January and high school players registered for the upcoming Spring Season are eligible to participate. Separate fees apply.